Introductions

"Whatcha doing Pam? What have you been making lately Pam? What have you been baking lately Pam? Been doing any crafts lately....Pam?" 

So goes the conversation of a retired teacher with friends and relatives when they know you well enough to know that you like to fill your days keeping busy. Along with going to movies on Tuesdays ($5 movies all day and free popcorn at Marcus Theatres), catching the latest exhibit at the Joslyn Art Museum (our daughter and son-in-law have gifted us a membership the last couple of years for Christmas), and exploring the Lauritzen Gardens in Omaha I like to craft and try new projects that I see on web sites, in stores, magazines and displays. Anyone who knows me has probably heard me say, "let me see.....I bet I could make that!"

 This blog is my attempt to share what I have been doing: craft projects from dumpster diving adventures to repurpose a discarded cabinet door or pet fence, cookie baking and decorating, stained glass window making and an assortment of projects that I haven't even thought of yet. I have been known to pick up sticks and pine cones on walks and then spend an afternoon looking at Etsy and Pinterest for ideas on how to use them for a project.

 My husband affectionately calls me "Power Tool Pam" because I'd rather shop at Menards, Hobby Lobby, or Home Depot than the malls that my sister and daughter frequent. My latest purchase is an air compressor and nailer for a project using scrap boards. Somehow the scrap wood that I pull from my neighbor's dumpsters always ends up with the purchase of craft paint and a power tool (doesn't everyone need and orbital sander?)

I am going to try and post once a week and share my latest adventures. I am not sure I'll have any followers, but when people ask "whatcha doing Pam?" I'll tell them to check my blog!

Comments

  1. Love that you started the blog, Pam! I look forward to reading about your creative adventures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynne! I am trying to post at least once a week and I am in craft mode right now. My sister-in-law and myself have reserved a table at the Heritage Elementary Craft Fair (Bennington) that is a benefit for their PTO group. We may be in over our heads but we are having fun working on projects.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sound Wave Wood Art

Who Let the Dogs Out?